Is it important for me to understand whether I have low, medium or high porosity hair? In actual fact, what is the meaning of porosity?
Porosity simply means how well your hair can absorb and retain water and oils. This can be influenced by the condition of your hair strands which are made up of layers. The outer layer is called the cuticle, which is a flexible layer and can be opened to allow oils and water to pass through the hair strands.
Therefore, low porosity hair means that the cuticles are packed tightly and closely together thus making:
- Water and oils penetration to the hair strands difficult,
- Retention of moisture impossible
Thus, resulting in dry brittle hair.
How do I remedy this condition?
It took hours of hard work and testing to come up with the solution to the challenges presented by this condition and now It is your time to walk tall, chest out, with your head held high because we have turned those long hours into a simple and easy hair maintenance routine. Come join us for the experience.
Regular use of our quick wash and go combo comprising of the Sheer Elegance Afro Naturals:
- Co-wash & Treat
- 6 in 1 Leave-in Conditioner and
- Hydrating Moisture Spray
Will help retain your hair length while keeping it hydrated, moisturised and soft.
- For long-lasting softness, apply 6 in 1 Leave-in Conditioner after naturally airdrying your hair (i.e. not on wet hair).
To augment your results, the use of our Sheer elegance Afro Naturals Anti-Breakage Hydrating Masque is essential to clarify and produce maximum intensive hydration. The Anti-Breakage Hydrating Masque will gently open the hair cuticles to allow moisture to pass through the hair strands thus resulting in bouncy juicy coils.
- Apply Co-wash & Treat and leave it on your hair for about 15 minutes to clarify your hair.
- Rinse it off, pat dry and air dry your hair.
- Section your hair and apply the 6 in 1 leave-in conditioner.
- Give it a two-strand twist to lock in the moisture and leave the twists on for a few minutes or overnight for more moisture retention and curl definition.
- Style as you wish.
We look forward to our wash day week and to change the hairstyle simply because it is so easy, fun, quick and the results are so phenomenal.
The softness and shine last for days. Visible thicker longer tangle-free hair is what you are rewarded with, every time you change your hairstyle.